Wednesday, January 11, 2012

50 books this year?

So, I am taking the Goodreads book challenge & attempting to read 50 books this year.  To make it interesting, that is 50 previously unread books.  I'll keep you posted.  If you're on Goodreads you can track my progress there!

My first is Jodi Piccoult's The Pact.  This is one of her early novels, published in 1998, and was a turning point in her writing career.  She discusses this in an interview on her website. I love hearing from an author about what inspired them or what their process is. I'm about halfway through & so far The Pact is just as compelling as her other books.  It deals with relationships between parents & children, relationships between childhood friends & soulmates, relationships between friends.  Questions I'm left contemplating right now are: how well do we really know our friends & family?  how far would you go for someone you love?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I read the summary of that book on amazon... sounds really intense!

    ReplyDelete